period like cramps, can it be this cystocele? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

period like cramps, can it be this cystocele? period like cramps, can it be this cystocele?

Unread 04-28-2003, 02:44 PM
period like cramps, can it be this cystocele?

Hi girls, long time no talk to!!!

I'm still waiting to see the uro and my GP has upped my bladder med which has sorta gotten my bladder symptoms under control for the most part, but for the first time since my laparotomy last Sept, I am having big time period like cramps, lower back pain....feels like endo pain to be honest......and I"m just wondering if this prolapse thing can cause this type of pain or is it just that I'm at the part of the month where I would have had my period and it's the endo rearing it's ugly little head again?

......just wondered if anyone else had it and wanted to say hi!!

's!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2003, 02:59 PM

Hi Gidge.....

I am sorry that your pain is back!

I can tell you that I have cystocele and do not have pain from it. I DO however have periodlike cramps again, it has been 2 years since my hyst and I go in Wednesday for another lap to see if the endo is back.

I feel like I did before my hyst and more added to it. I will hopefully have more answers for ya after my lap as to what is causing my period cramps without the period! I am just waiting for the blood to come out, I swear that everytime I go to the bathroom I look for blood. I guess that is out of a life long habit..

I am glad that your bladder is doing better. At least you are not having those problems anymore.

Take care and call your Gyn to see what he says about your cramping a sI do not thing cystocele causes pain. BUT then again, I am not an expert, just my own experience.

Unread 04-28-2003, 04:05 PM

gidge!

I'm sorry you are still dealing with this pain and still don't have any answers. I don't have any experience with a cystocele so, I don't know if they cause that type pain or not. However, I am right there with you on wondering about the endo being back. I am 6 months post TAH/LSO (for ovarian cyst, endo, adeno and adhesions) and having cyclic pain just like I did before the hyst. It gets worse every time and since I am taking bc pills that is every 3 weeks instead of 4. It's so frustrating!!! I don't have any advice for you, but plenty of s if that helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2003, 04:11 PM

thanks girls for your replies

I know what you mean, I truly expect to start bleeding any minute the cramps are so bad and it's been 3yrs since my hyst.....I don't know what has made it start to get so bad again......I just really want to lie down and hope for it to go away....I've started journalizing again so if it happens next month I'll remember......this was the way it was before this last lap and then I got a wee break.......bummer!

thanks for the 's and right back at ya!!!
Unread 04-28-2003, 06:22 PM
Hello Gidge

Sorry to hear you're still in pain. I on the other hand, have been having that lately also. Crazy me goes running to the bathroom looking for a period. LOL. I don't understand it myself. Although I have been under alot of stress. Take care
Unread 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM

(((Gidge))),
I'm sorry to hear about the pain Wasnt this the same you were suffering when we started our Road Travels many moons ago Part of my pain has been this exact kind all along...the cause of mine? ADHESIONS...I also was DX'd w/a Vaginal Vault Prolapse & Cystocele on Friday..I am waiting for my PCP to call back w/ an appt with a URO/Gyn. Who would've thot 3.5 yrs ago, when we had our Hyst, that we would end up suffering ALL this pain & complications..
I've not posted about my new DX but felt the need to share with you
Good Luck & pls keep us posted....(((hugs)))
Unread 04-29-2003, 07:05 AM

Dear ((((Gidge))))

I'm sorry my friend...but I don't know the answer. I too have really bad period cramps - pretty much 24/7 - even with the pain meds. My docs blame it on the Endo. I too find myself looking for a 'period.'

((((Sheri)))) I am so sorry to hear about your Vaginal Vault Prolapse & Cystocele Please do let us know what the Dr has to say dear friend.

I love you both and I will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 04-29-2003, 09:21 AM

Thanks for your replies girls

Sheri, I'm sending huge 's for ya sweetie, I know what you mean, I just keep thinking how is it possible that I have yet ANOTHER thing wrong.......they told me it could happen after the hyst but I assumed they meant when I was like 60 or 70......the questions we don't ask eh? Well at least you're not alone, and thanks for sharing it with me , I don't feel like such a freak now!!!

Jude, good to hear from ya my friend.....hope you're doing ok....it's always a pleasure to get a reply from you........I know what you mean, I'm beginning to think I have a combo deal going on here........prolapse and endo either returning or remaining in there that someone just hasn't found....probably in those darn adhesions they keep just snipping instead of removing!!!

at least I have you girls to get me through....last night was awful it was just like when I used to get my period the pain was so bad...i even had to take some left over morphine tablets I had so now I"m dozy as all heck this morning
Unread 04-29-2003, 12:22 PM

cramps are super bad again here, just want to throw up from it......and I've got that "tampon in the wrong way feeling" again.......I've just had it here girls, sorry to be such a downer but I'm finding it hard to believe this is all going on again.......I wonder tho' with this vaginal feeling if the cramps are bladder related.....it hurts to walk, sit, do anything but lie down right now, that would like nice at work wouldn't it?

thanks for being there!!
Unread 04-30-2003, 11:05 AM

(((((Gidge))))))) I'm so sorry you're having so much pain... again

Since the cramping is so bad right now, I'm thinking that your best option might be a trip to the ER. I know that none of us relish the thought of going there, but it might be the only way to have your symptoms addresessed when they are flaring Knowing the situation in Canada, I know that it's not always possible (almost impossible ) to get a same day appointment with our doctors

Please take care ((((sweetie))))) and let us know how you're doing.

((((Sheri))))) big s going your way. So sorry you're facing yet another problem.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register