period like cramps, can it be this cystocele? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

period like cramps, can it be this cystocele? period like cramps, can it be this cystocele?

Unread 04-30-2003, 11:12 AM
period like cramps, can it be this cystocele?

thanks Dany

it seems to be abit better this morning, last night was brutal though......it was like the first day of my period it was so bad...and I just have to say that seems really wrong considering I don't have a UTERUS ANYMORE!!!!!

I don't have a Gyn anymore as she feels I don't have anything she can help me with anymore.....and am still waiting to get in at the new uro's.....I'm going to see my GP and see what he suggests although I'm pretty sure he's just going to shrug

I'm just hoping that it doesn't get bad again today!! (fingers crossed) 's!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2003, 09:33 AM

so last night was just brutal by the time I was on my way home from work, just walking hurt, terrible pain in my lower back right through to the front, terrible pressure and pain and fullness (heck who am I kidding fullness doesn't cover it, it was like I was 5mths pregnant) in my lower tummy and then terrible pain down my legs.......does this sound like bladder or endo???

I was just in tears (as I have been for days now by the time I get home) took some left over morphine......and lied down which helped alot.........
Unread 05-02-2003, 09:52 AM

((((Gidge))))

I am so sorry you are experiencing this horrible pain I am only taking a guess here, but to me the pain you describe does sound a lot like my Endo pain.

Is there not another Gyn you can go see? Someone perhaps just out of town? I know it is hard Hun...but it sounds like you really need to get some medical attention ASAP.

Sending you Love & many S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2003, 09:55 AM

thanks Jude

I'm going to see my GP tonight and see what he thinks, to me it feels alot like my old period pain which I associate with endo too......but with what's going on with my bladder it sort of confuses the issue?

I know after my laparotomy I asked my old gyn if she saw any endo when they were getting rid of the adhesions and she said "well nothing obvious" duh......it's almost never obvious that's the way endo is!!! Plus they just snipped the adhesions they didn't remove them or do any pathology.......

I'm just very downhearted about all this.....I can't believe after all the procedures I've been through I'm like this now.....

thanks for sharing with me tho' Jude.....like I say I think it feels like endo too but until you compare notes it's so hard to tell!!

I'm going to see if I should see a new gyn or what since my wicked gyn partners feel there is nothing more to be done with me.......
Unread 05-02-2003, 11:01 AM

I want to wish you all the best at your GP's tonight. I hope and pray that you will find a new Gyn willing to work with you. I can totally relate to how you are feeling. After my Hyst., and within a few weeks, I started to experience pain again. I thought I was loosing my mind...and I had a mini-breakdown (well maybe not that mini) in my Rheumy's office. I just lost it because my dr's at the time, said that there was nothing left to cause me pain. I truly thought I was going bonkers. Thankfully my Rheumy took pity on me, and referred me to the Gyn that did a lap, and confirmed my worse fears, and justified my pain by looking for, and finding more Endo.

I have recently seen a Gyn who claims that it is impossible for me to still have Endo. I know better, and I will continue to find the Dr., And perhaps maybe I'll even go back to the Gyn that did the last lap. I think surgery is in my future, but I want to make darned sure that I have a top notch group of docs in the operating room with me. I want my Uro-Gyn - who is amazing BTW., as well as another Endo doc. I have decided that this is the best route for me to take. Even if they get in there, and there is no Endo (which I doubt - as mysterious things have popped up on u/s) I will atleast know what I'm up against. All of this will probably take months and months, but it is my goal. I never thought I'd ever have another surgery, but this pain is just getting to be so bad. Laps aren't as invasive, so hopefully the nerve damage won't be too big of an issue. Perhaps I should have my Neuro doc in there as well for good measure....What do you think?

Well Hun...I gotta run. We have a crazy weekend ahead of us, and I just pray that I will be able to get through it. I will keep you in my prayers too...

Let us know how your appointment goes. And if you ever want to come here for some medical advice, I have a list of excellent Dr's for you.

S
Unread 05-02-2003, 11:55 AM

well that's tempting Jude and don't be surprised if you see me....I just don't seem to be getting anywhere fast out here!!!

sounds like you have a real plan of action....and you should go for it, I think a "good team" of doctors can make all the difference!!

I don't know where I go from here but I'm trying to hang on!!!

Have a good weekend and try not to overdo sweetie!!! 's!!!
Unread 05-07-2003, 09:37 AM

Well I wasn't able to get in at the doc's last week and as of Friday my pain started to back off a bit......just like a period would.....so the weekend was ok.

I had the bladder burning, pressure, falling out feeling but no extreme cramping.....and then last night it started to come back and this morning I have my usual "midmonth discharge".....like I"m ovulating.....Jude I know we've talked about this before and it happens to you too...I'm really starting to wonder if I need some blood tests to see if there is a little bit of ovary in there or is it the endo or what?

I'm going to try and get my GP at the walk in clinic tonight....3yrs post hyst and I"m still going thru this nonsense

thanks for listening girls 's!!!
Unread 05-07-2003, 10:29 AM

((((((((Gidge))))))))

Oh Yes! I completely understand. I've been keeping a journal again (for approx the past 10 months)...And I was reading through it the other day. I get a PMS type of thing happening every month, around the same time (give or take 4 or 5 days - I was never like clockwork before). Food cravings...moodiness...teary etc. I also get ovulation cramps about every 2 months. Sometimes I even have that discharge you are talking about

I just e-mailed my PM Dr yesterday to remind him of these symptoms as our last appointment was a bit of a bust. We were both wearing masks (because of SARS). I found it very distracting, and he wasn't himself at all.

I have had a couple of blood tests. My Uro-Gyn said that I am in menopause But there was one level he was stumped about. Gosh I wish I could remember what that was. Gidge, I think that we need to have many blood tests done over time to see...and even then I've heard that these tests are not the most reliable (could be the fog but I believe that's what I've read here before).

The next time I see my Uro-Gyn, I am going to bring up this whole remnant issue....without sounding like a know it all - crazy woman - in menopause. I swear that's how I think they see me some days. I also find that certain dr's are somehow offended that I have educated myself. I'm sorry, but I will not be pushed around, or intimidated by drs who think they know everything.

I too am coming out of a 'period' of approx 1 1/2 weeks of worse pain- menstrual cramps. I woke up this morning feeling much more like myself - still have the pain, but not as bad. This is all so very strange eh?!

Are you keeping a journal Gidge If not, please do start. It has truly helped me put the pieces together. Now all I need is a Dr. to really look into this. My docs have discussed the possibility of me having an OR, but it was never investigated. Hopefully now will be the time. I guess it just got pushed to the side, and they were concentrating on my other health problems.

I'm still running into Dr's that believe it is impossible to have Endo post hyst. They forget that I am living proof...as are so many here on the road. I wish that they would start looking outside of the box, and do more research on this disease.

Please let us know how you make out at the GP. One day, I'm confident that we will get to the bottom of our health problems. Some days I don't feel like this....but I try to take it one day at a time.

S
Unread 05-07-2003, 11:47 AM

I do know how you feel Jude, my dr's hate the fact that I actually read up on this stuff so I understand it better but lets face it if we weren't informed where would be right now?

I do keep a journal but frankly, lately I"ve been too disgusted to write down how I've been feeling but I"m going to have to start I guess. I guess it's like the prolapsed bladder, I asked my GP why they wouldn't have noticed it "IF" it's prolapsed when they did my laparotomy and he said it wouldn't have necessarily shown up, even in a open procedure.......

I think I need to see a new gyn as well as the new uro I can't seem to get my GP to agree with that but there is definitely a cycle to this....and it doesn't feel like my old adhesion pain....it feels like endo pain/period pain.

hang in there dear Jude, it's awful that we have to go through this still but at least we have our dear sisters to help us while we do!!!

I will post after my appt here's hoping I get somewhere other then just more pain meds....that's another thing I had to take leftover morphine it was so bad there for awhile, it's back to being able to be controlled by tylenol 3 but if I have to start living on morphine again there's going to be h#% to pay!
Unread 05-08-2003, 09:46 AM

Just to let you all know last night I tried to get in to see my GP at the walk in (that way I don't have to miss a 1/2 day of work for an appt) and there was a two and a half hour wait.....and I was already in a ton of pain so I'm going to try him again on Fri night when he's back in again.......

I wish I knew why this pain goes down into my legs, last night was so bad it just felt like my knee joints were going to explode and both legs were just throbbing, and my lower back and pelvic area just hurt so bad.......does anyone else get this???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register