another surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

another surgery another surgery

Unread 04-29-2003, 03:33 PM
another surgery

Hi Sisters

Just an update. I will be having another surgery, this time to remover my left ovary and tube as well as my cervix.
In case you are not familiar with my story. I had a STAH September 11, 2002. I was supposed to have the cervix removed but it has sever adhesions to the bowel and was left in due to the fact that I did not have a bowel prep prior to surgery and had there been complications with removing it (i.e. a tear in the bowel) it would of resulted in my having a temporary colostomy. My doctor knew I was neither here nor there on the cervix issue anyway so he made the decision to leave it in.
Anyway. The first three months of my recovery went great, then the pain came back. I had an ultrasound last week and it was discovered that I have a 3.5 cm (1.5 inch) hemorragic cyst on my left ovary. That on top of the painful mini periods has proved itself to much for me so I decided to have the left ovary and cervix removed. This time I will follow a bowel prep and clean the bowel right out, that way the chance of a temporary colostomy is next to nothing.
Surgery will not be until September sometime. I will keep you updated on the surgery and my quality of life after.

Thanks for all your support!!!!!! It means alot.

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2003, 05:15 PM
another surgery

(((Karen))), I'm glad to hear you've got everything planned now and know how you're going to go about it. I agree, the last thing you want is a colostomy if you can avoid it... this last surgery one of my greatest fears was waking up with one. I was really conscienscious about the bowel prep and still, I actually asked the nurse in the recovery room if I had a 'bag' because I was too scared to look for myself

I'll look forward to hearing all about how it goes... I hope it takes care of all your troubles!
s,
-Linda
Unread 05-01-2003, 08:19 AM
another surgery

{{{Karen}}}
I'm so sorry to hear you will be needing another surgery. Hopefully soon you will be on your way to a speedy recovery and painfree days.

P.S. You can send an email to [email protected] with your surgery date and we will send you off with lots of s and ers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register