Off to the castle tomorrow. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Off to the castle tomorrow. Off to the castle tomorrow.

Unread 04-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Off to the castle tomorrow.

Wish me luck. I can scarcely believe the time is here at last. (I've been waiting seven weeks.) I have been browsing the pre-op board and noticed that a lot of ladies get the urge to clean their houses in those last few weeks. This urge completely passed me by and I was beginning to wonder whether I was normal but today it hit and the children and I have been tidying up all day.

We did a bit of school work and then dh came home. He thought I would like to spend my last evening before admission (possibly my last day on earth if someone makes an error) cooking a roast dinner. (In your dreams Jose.) It would be fair to add that this was an uncharacteristic aberration: he is usually unfailingly helpful, has taken two weeks off work to help me recover, etc.

We went to the "California Pizza Factory" in the heart of the British midlands. I had Greek salad, pasta with Mediterranean vegetables, lemonade, and slipping up on the anti-cancer diet a bit, a cafe latte. I have also been reading a lot about "bowel prep" on the pre-op boards. No advice from the hospital, so I hope this will do.

I am so sad my Hyster Sisters book and tummy pillow haven't arrived, even though I sent off for them weeks ago. I imagine some customs inspector in the Liverpool docks is still trying to work out the VAT rating on tummy pillows. Maybe it will arrive at the eleventh hour tomorrow morning before I set off for the hospital.

I have been told that I will be in the hospital for 10 days (gyn / onc) or 7 days (pre-op appointment nurse). I go in tomorrow but my operation is actually scheduled for Thursday, 1st. May. Everyone is very jumpy in this house at the moment. I can't wait for it all to be over and to know one way or another whether I have ovarian cancer. It is so wierd to be told "You might have it, you might not" - very hard to live with. Thanks for all the support and information on this board: it has been very helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Best Wishes for Good Surgery/Recovery

I hope you do NOT have cancer!
Unread 04-29-2003, 06:30 PM

Good Luck, Latina!

I'll be saying a prayer for you. Let us know how you do when you feel up to it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Latina

I do wish you the best thru surgery. And I sincerely Pray that they find absoultly nothing, and that you heal beautifuly.
Unread 04-29-2003, 07:13 PM

Dearest Latina,

I know we've already exchanged long PMs about your trip tomorrow. But I just cracked up when I read about your husband thinking you'd like to make him a roast dinner!

I have some great friends in Basingstoke, and when last I visited, my friend Nicola made me a roast dinner (since I said I'd never had one). She said she made it every Sunday for her husband and daughter, and I couldn't believe how much it involved. She passed it off as no big thing, but if I'd had to cook all that meat, potatoes, veggies and Yorkshire Pudding with gravy, *and* a dessert pudding, it would take every pan and dish that I have, and all my strength to boot!

I'm glad his temporary insanity was just an aberration. :-)

As for your tummy pillow, I ended up buying a small $3 pillow at a drug store. You will need something to clutch to your abdomen when you have to get up and walk around, so in lieu of the HS pillow, try to bring something small and not too fluffy. I also used the pillow to make me head more comfortable when sleeping (since I was at an angle, and you will be, too). Be sure to bring "Hello" and "OK" magazines, since they're both short-attention-span mags that are great diversions in a hospital.

It's actually nice that you get to stay in the hospital longer. Here, I think they kick you out a bit too early. They kept me one day longer than they'd expected to (while waiting for me to pass gas), but I was glad they kept me one more day.

As you know, we are all praying that you don't have cancer. You don't. So there. We will all be waiting until you get back so we can finally know! Don't forget about us, because we'll be anxious until we hear from you.

Have a wonderful trip, be safe, and know that all our prayers are with you! s!
Unread 04-29-2003, 07:32 PM

Latina,

I pray all gpes well for you and no cancer is found. And that you have a quick recovery
Unread 04-29-2003, 08:18 PM

Huge s Latina

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I'll be anxiously waiting for your first post op posting.

karenann
Unread 04-29-2003, 08:32 PM

Good luck tomorrow, Latina! May you have a successful surgery and may they find NO CANCER! Not even a hint of cancer. Please come back and let us know how you are doing.

Keeping you in my 'ers.

Unread 04-29-2003, 08:56 PM

Good luck for a speedy recovery and good results!
Unread 04-29-2003, 09:27 PM

Latina,
Best wishes for a successful surgery and great results!! My prayers are with you!

Rhonda
Radical hysterectomy on June 4, 2002 for cervical cancer, stage1b

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register