NEW and need help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NEW and need help NEW and need help

Unread 04-29-2003, 06:03 PM
NEW and need help

Hi, I am going to my first gyn/onc appt tomorrow am and am scared. Have 2 cysts on my ovaries and fibroids with bleeding. My CA-125 was 1224. I am concerned about cancer. I have been waiting for this appt for a week and have many thoughts. Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Wishing much luck and sending prayers

I am sending out many cybers and comfort ers. I do hope that it is nothing, but if it is cancer I do Pray that the Lord will bring you thru this.

Dear Lord, I send alybar to you for you to hold her hand during her visit the doctor in the morning. I Pray that you thru Jesus Christ heal her and make her strong. Amen
Unread 04-29-2003, 06:57 PM
NEW and need help

My prayers an thoughts go with you tomorow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2003, 07:37 PM
NEW and need help

Dear Alybar,

It sounds like you've already had some tests and that you're now being referred to a gynecological oncology team. If this is true, have your regular doctors given you any indication as to whether they think your situation is benign or cancerous?

The gyn/onc team may tell you what they told me: That they *think* it's this, but they won't know until they cut you open. I had already done enough research on my situation to have determined my own diagnosis, and I was right. The gyn/onc team said they also suspected that, but . . . nothing is set in stone until the surgery is performed.

Your CA-125 is high, but I know that those numbers can be elevated by a host of benign conditions.

Waiting is hard, but your gyn/onc doctor should be able to shed some light on what you might be dealing with. I will keep you in prayer (I need to start a list, since I have short-term memory fade due to "chemo brain") and cross my fingers that your situation is benign. If it isn't, though, just know that there are tons of people on this board who will be there to help and support you through whatever you have to go through. They've been supporting me since I found this board just after my tumors were discovered, and the continue to support me every day.

Many s for you, and welcome to HysterSisters!
Unread 04-29-2003, 07:53 PM
NEW and need help

Dear Alybar: My heart goes out to you. I was in your position just a few days ago. I was already scheduled to have the surgery for TAH BSO (for heavy bleeding, ovarian mass/cysts, and thickening of uterine wall) when my CA-125 came back elevated. I met with the oncological surgeon on the day before my surgery. He was wonderful.

When I was in the hospital the next a.m., awaiting the early morning surgery, I really turned everything over to God. In my case, as it turned out, they found two separate primary cancers... one in my ovary and another in my uterus. I'm going to start chemo and radiation in the next few weeks.

I've worked hard over these last few days (and had loads of help from everyone, especially the wonderful women on this website) to keep a positive attitude. I am powerless over this cancer. God is NOT powerless and God is working through the wonderful doctors that He put in my path. I think I'll let God and my doctors do their work. All I have to do is "suit up and show up".

Granted, all this has thrown me for a loop. But I heard the most wonderful saying the other day. It comes from an aunt of mine. It goes, "Worrying is praying to the devil." This is where I start "walking the talk". I SAY I have faith. NOW, I have an opportunity to show it.

God continues to bless my every day, all day long. He's put angels like you wouldn't believe in my path to help me through this. No matter what happens, God will do the same for you. Keep in touch and let us know what happens.

Blessings to you....
Unread 04-29-2003, 08:12 PM
NEW and need help

s Alybar

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how you make out. I am so glad you are seeing a gyn onc. Fibroids can also elevate a ca 125. Keep that hope alive.

karenann
Unread 04-29-2003, 09:47 PM
NEW and need help

's and ers go out to you, Alybar.

We are here for you, please let us know what happens...
Unread 04-30-2003, 10:04 AM
onc/gyn visit

Aly I am glad tomorrow is your gyn/onc visit. I felt so much more confident once in the hands of that srgeon. As I said my ca125 was only 11 and I did have a problem so your high number could still be benign. Mine was in both ovaries and very contained. It has all been removed. I am 2 weeks post op and doing great. I still await a tumor board review, but surgeon feels I may need no further treatment. Good luck at your appt., ask lots of questions and keep in touch. You are in my thoughts
Unread 04-30-2003, 10:23 AM
GYN/ONC is best choice

IF there is cancer (and I say IF because no one knows until the surgery) a gyn/onc is the best to have. Adding you to my prayer list and wishing you the best. Many things can raise CA125.
Unread 04-30-2003, 03:59 PM
NEW and need help

Good Luck tomorrow. I know the waiting is hard.

Ruth S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register