Questions for pre-op on 15th???? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Questions for pre-op on 15th???? Questions for pre-op on 15th????

Unread 05-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Questions for pre-op on 15th????

Thanks, Linda!!! The cds is a great idea. I'd need to buy a portable cd player though. I might check into it.

The bottom line is what it's all about, huh. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2003, 03:43 PM

i also did not have cat scan because the ultrasound already showed a "suspicious mass" that needed to be surgically removed. i had my surgery on wednesday and was sent home on friday. not a very long stay. i needed no pads as i had no bleeding from the tah. good luck to you and praying for b9. i was told by my surgean in the recovery room that everything was b9. however he did say he had to wait for the final report which takes about a week but that in 25 years of surgery he had not had a case where the results during surgery were different than the final report (thank god..i did not want to be his first case)
Unread 05-03-2003, 04:15 PM

Maria, I'm so glad everything turned out okay for you!! You had a lot of things going on that were cause for concern, and yet you came out great! I'm so happy for you, girl! It's behind you--the news was good...life is good! Your story makes me feel good all over!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2003, 05:13 PM

I also brought a CD player and a few "sleep" and "relaxation" CDs . . . but I never took it out of the tote bag. Another friend brought me a new CD walkman as a gift, along with another CD (of flute music), but . . . I still haven't opened either. Not sure why. :-)
Unread 05-03-2003, 07:39 PM

I can't afford to be buying something I won't use. Better think about it some more. hehee I bought a "donut" pillow and it was inflatable and I wondered, are they all inflatable? Who wants to blow up a donut pillow, or ask someone else to blow it up? A friend at work said she had one somewhere and it is foam. She said take the inflatable one back and borrow hers. I would rather have a foam one I think. I'm gonna be worn out and am gonna wear all of youall out before the 29th gets here! You may just have to tell me to hush!

Oh, and by the way...my pre-op appointment is on the 14th, not the 15th. Whose nervous? I'm not nervous!!!
Unread 05-03-2003, 07:54 PM

Just curious.....Why do you think that you will need a doughnut pillow???? Basically people that have hemmorids or hemmorid surgery use them. I did not have the need for any kind of special pillow except for one to prop up on the couch so that I was able to sit up and watch tv better.

Rosalie
Unread 05-03-2003, 09:17 PM

Hi, Rosalie. The pillow was recommended to me by someone here on the board. Sorry to say I don't remember who. I hope we don't need one! I certainly did need one, but didn't have one, after the birth of my son years ago. At the time though, I didn't know there was such a thing. I love hearing you say it's not needed though. That is a very bad pain to have!
Unread 05-04-2003, 08:25 AM

Hi Again Annie.....

I can definately understand using the pillow for a vaginal delivery. I however, had two c-sections and was cut up and down. They used the same zipper to do the hysterectomy just cut a little higher and a little lower.

I did not need to use the pillow for either surgeries. My attitude was always, and still is, "I am going to rule and this whole ordeal is not going to rule me". Be strong and set goals for yourself. I certainly did and I not only amazed myself but also my doctors.

Be well!!

Rosalie
Unread 05-04-2003, 08:34 AM

Just one more thing....

I did not bring any of those things to the hospital with me. (cd players, relaxation tapes, tape players etc.)

I am a very social person and loved talking to everyone. Actually we had mini parties in my room all the time. Yes, the first day, after the surgery, I was kinda out of it....BUT the rest of the time I was busy walking the halls, talking to people, and having lots of visitors. They never gave me a roommate because there was not enough room in there for another person....lol

I am a teacher, and almost every child in my class sent me flowers, not to mention all my friends and family sending comfort baskets and goodies.

I know that some may not agree with me but this was actually an uplifting experience. I did not have time to feel sorry for myself or dwell on what was to come next. I took each day as it came and looked forward to them.

Rosalie
Unread 05-04-2003, 08:39 AM

Sounds good, Rosalie!! I would imagine the pillow may be to provide extra comfort for aggravated bowel or pre-existing hemmoroids, which even the prep would be enough to aggravate--or something along those lines. Someone else might be able to add more to that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register