New Surgery Date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Surgery Date New Surgery Date

Unread 05-01-2003, 10:38 AM
New Surgery Date

My doctor's office called this morning. It seems one of the doctors scheduled a surgery for May 22nd that didn't get logged in and they ended up with a double booking. They offered to go ahead and do my surgery that day, but to add it onto the end of the surgical schedule, making it up in the afternoon. My doctor opted to reschedule the surgery rather than have it done under those circumstances. I tend to agree with her. (don't want any tired, wanting to get out of there surgeon working on me) Anyway, my surgery date is now May 29th rather than May 22nd. They only do this surgery one day a week here, on Thursdays. So now, my Memorial Day Weekend is free, giving me one more week to get ready...and think...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2003, 11:56 AM
I agree with you

I used to work in surgery as a surgical tech (as some of call ourselves "insturment pushers" LOL) So I know how tired and cranky surgons can get in the afternoon. Not necessary ob/gyn's, I worked mostly with cardiac surgons. (the ob/gyn's and onc doc's were fairly cool)

I would have liked to have my surgery first thing in the morning, but that would have been weeks down the road, and I am not a person that likes to wait. I did have it fairly early, 2nd case, around 10:30 or so in the am. So doc was still fairly fresh. That was fine with me.

I do wish you the best of luck on the 29th and hope that everything is b9 and fine.
Unread 05-01-2003, 03:20 PM
Rescheduled Surgery

I know it's a pain, but then you'll have a doctor who's fresher vs. squeezing you in later in the day. Plus you get the long weekend for Memorial Day. Let's hope the surgery goes off without a hitch and you have a good recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2003, 03:46 PM
New Surgery Date

Thanks so much, Jane and Margaret! Means I'll be hanging out here quite a lot also!! (Jane, I bet you could tell us some stories that we would just as soon not hear, girl!! I once had a friend who was a surgical nurse. Oh my...Did the doctors you worked with have music piped in?)
Unread 05-02-2003, 07:06 AM
yes they did

some classical, some hard rock, and everywhere inbetween. I had to listen to it all. One of my friends turned down the radio to talk to the family and the doc asked her what she was doing. (She is a nut) She told him that she didn't want the family to think that you were in a honky tonk bar. LOL
Unread 05-02-2003, 10:16 AM
New Surgery Date

heheee Well, whatever keeps them working at their best is okay by me!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register