new here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here new here

Unread 11-09-2002, 11:09 PM
new here

hello all,
i am 29 yrs. old and i am new here. have been reading all the great posts and answers. they have helped a lot. this may be long and i am sorry if it is. but i really don't have anyone to talk to about any of this. i went to the dr. for the first time in 7yrs 2 weeks ago. and he told me i need a hyster. or to get on provera. he put me on provera for a week. and the period was fine for a change but everything else was still there. so i thought about it for about a week and between my friend and my husband decided to call and schedule a hyster it is supposed to be dec. 10, 2002. but he came to this conclusion just from my pap. he said i have late stage 2 of prolapse uterus and probably have fibrods and it don't sound like i am ovulating. he said he is going to take the uterus but he is going to leave the overies it don't sound like they are working but he don't think anything is wrong with them. last time i went to the doc. he told me i have functioning cyst and my only other alternitive is to have exploratory surgery and usually when he suggest that people seem to heal. so needless to say i did not go back and most of the time when i have sex with my husband i cover my head with a pillow so he don't see the tears coming out of my eye's and poor thing he has been good about waiting untill i feel guilty and give in. but it has got to the point lately where it even hurts to sit. it is like all of my organs are sitting on my lab and something is pushing them down. i have the leaky bladder and the worst problem with constapation will this cure all of this? i have to say i don't really know how good the doc. i have is but i feel totally comfortable with him and i normally don't feel comfortable around dr's. thank you for letting me get all this off of my mind. and i am so sorry this is so long.
Thank You
Lanca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-10-2002, 02:35 AM
new here

Lanca:

Glad you found us! I am so sorry you are going through all of this, especially at age 29. I am 35.

Know now that you are not alone. I have pain during sex in certain positions and while it is not easy to communicate this to my husband (since that is his favorite), he understood and we have avoided that.

I sense that your husband has no idea how badly sex is hurting you. You should tell him. It is nothing to feel guilty about. If it hurts to sit, it's got to hurt to be penetrated.

From what I am gathering from you, sounds like you have a good doc. If you feel comfortable with him, you should keep him. You should also make sure your DH (Dear Husband) goes with you to your doctor, if possible.

Hang in there sweetie. Keep posting and letting us know how you are doing!
Unread 11-10-2002, 02:22 PM
new here

I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time of it! Please know we are all here for you!

I have this gut feeling that you should either ask for further tests first, or get a second opinion. I think even with the prolapse, that they need to know what's going on inside before they just start in cutting.

I would suggest you call the doctor and ask for an ultrasound and possibly an exploratory laporoscopy. And as what the results of your pap test were?

If the doctor doesn't wish to do this, ask him to explain why, and ask him to explain how he has come to his conclusion about the ovaries.

I know most doctors want to leave them in someone so young, because even when the ovaries aren't working well enough for ovulation, they still put out more hormones than no ovaries at all will. The lack of these hormones can have negative effects on the body.

So while it may still turn out that your doctor is right...I think you need to have the pease of mind to be sure. So ask!

Let us know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2002, 12:02 AM
thank you

Thank you for your replies. i got my pap test back in the mail they came back neg. not really sure what they tested for but i guess that is good. i am going to call my doc. tomorrow. to bother them with more questions. usually when i call they are very nice and put up with me. i am so glad. it is sad i have been a nursing asst. and went to school for medical asst. and have no idea about any of this stuff. this has been the best and most informative site i have been to. Thank you for creating it. It is great.

Lanca
Unread 11-11-2002, 02:17 AM
new here

I am sorry too, that you are having such problems at a young age. You can learn so much from this site and get so much support! Everyone here is experiencing alot of the same feelings and it is such a help to go through it with others who know what you're going through.
I would ask your doctor specifically why he thinks you need this surgery and get some more information. I'm glad you trust him, it sure helps!
I am also scheduled for 12/10/02, so I'll be thinking about you!

Debbie
Unread 11-11-2002, 02:43 AM
We all Know your pain

Lanca:

First off let me tell you I am only one year your senior. So I can understand some of the feelings and emotions you must be going through. I have Chronic PID (pelvic inflamatory disease) and Chronic cysts on the ovaries. I too cant sit for more then an hour at a time. Somedays the pain is awful. I also hate Sex. I know what you mean about the guilt factor and my DH has been wonderful through this as well. I was a little concerned when you said you werent sure about your doc. Before you go through this maybe you should learn a little more about him. It is so important that through all this you feel comfortable. Maybe some more background on him will give that to you., if not maybe request a second opinion. It cant hurt. I am going for one (insurance required for me) but my doctor insisted so I will feel more comfortable with this decsion. He also left it up to me. For me the decision was easy...it was pain guided and continues to be.

I am so glad you found your way to this site. It has really helped me through a difficult time. I dont think this is an easy decision for any woman of any age. But here you dont feel alone in your situation and if you are afraid to ask...believe me some where in one of these posts someone else has asked. I look forward to hearing more from you. Drop by a chat sometime they are great!
Angela

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register