Scheduled LAVH Reality sinking in...SCARED! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Reality sinking in...SCARED! Reality sinking in...SCARED!

Unread 09-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Reality sinking in...SCARED!

Hello...

I've been lurking here for over a year, but now that my surgery is schedule for a week from tomorrow (Sept. 19) I thought I should join and build a support network for the coming weeks, months and longer.

The reality of my surgery is suddenly starting to sink in. I can't believe that I'm only 34 and will be having a least a partial hysterectomy and possibly more depending upon what they find outside of my uterus during the laparoscopy.

After four kids, ages 10, 7, 5 and 2...my periods started to get crazy when they finally returned about a year ago (the delay was due to breastfeeding). The pain was unbelievable (like I would curl up in bed for three days and cry) and the bleeding was so bad that it would soak through a super tampon in less than 15 mins, sometime running down my legs or making a terrible mess on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night.

Thinking a Mirena ring would be my best choice, I finally saw a GYNO in July. She ordered a blood test and vaginal ultrasound first. To our surprise, the ultrasound showed a layer of fluid between the endometrium and uterus...which is uncommon and is usually a sign of cancer.

The first biopsy came back benign, but shortly there after, in mid-August I started to rapidly prolapse. In only four weeks, I'm already easily a second degree prolapse and getting close to third degree and my tail bone is completely pushed out of place, so sitting is terrible.

Because of the unknown cause of the fluid build-up and rapid prolapse, my surgery was quickly scheduled. The hospital I'll be at is 45 mins from my home and my little one is still nursing at night, so I'm worried about lots of things...

Such as...the surgery itself; if they find cancer; recovery pain; the chance that my tail bone won't feel better after the recovery period; if Hubby and my little one will sleep on a sofa in my room so she can nurse if she needs to; being able to rest and heal with four young kids in the house (we homeschool, so they are ALWAYS here!). And in addition, recent blood tests also showed markers for Lupus...one more thing to deal with.

Here's hoping for some excellent HysterSister support, because I need it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 06:15 AM
Re: Reality sinking in...SCARED!

Another homeschooler! Yay!

I came home the same day as my surgery. I was nervous about that but, looking back, I'm really glad I did. I have 5 kids and wanted to be home with them. Plus, I rested much better in my own bed! My hubby went back to work the very next day and I was by myself with the kids. Mine are older...15, 10, 9, 7 and 6 so they're able to help out a lot.

As for your BF question....you will be on narcotic pain meds...at least while in the hospital. So you will probably need to pump and dump. Maybe you can pump and freeze some milk beforehand for your daughter to drink.

We started school the day after Labor Day and it's going great! I was blessed in that the timing of my surgery was great. Before school started with plenty of time for me to feel good by the time we started. I'm assuming you've started by now. I would recommend taking a week or two off school. Your surgery is more complicated than mine was. Take the time off school to rest and relax

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register