how long after endo/adeno surgery can you have hyster | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how long after endo/adeno surgery can you have hyster how long after endo/adeno surgery can you have hyster

Unread 02-20-2005, 11:11 AM
how long after endo/adeno surgery can you have hyster

on feb 28th, i'm having laporos. for endo/adeno and to check out the status of my ovaries to see if i can keep them when i have my hyster.

anyone know how long after having laporospic surgery can you go forward w/ a hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2005, 11:07 AM

Hi Charmed,

If your laparoscopy is purely diagnostic, just to assess the situation, then I wouldn’t think there would really need any waiting period, other than getting things scheduled ~ which can take weeks or months. If, however, your doctor removes endometrial implants, etc. then he may want you to wait several months to see how you do, hoping you’d be okay with more conservative treatment and maybe even being able to avoid the hyst altogether.

I hope you get good news.
Best wishes & s,
Beth
Unread 02-21-2005, 11:40 AM

the only problem with that is this is my second lapor. and endo always comes back no matter what you do.

the fact that i have a lumpy uterus just adds to pain monthly.

i want it out. i want it gone. i want to move on with my life w/ a modicum of pain instead of what's goin on now!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2005, 01:26 PM

I had my last lap in Feb 04 and am having my hyst a week from Thursday. I'm sure I could have had it earlier, but doc wanted to try one last pill before we went ahead with the hyst.

I'd guess six months wouldn't be unreasonable...
Unread 02-21-2005, 04:23 PM

HI Charmed

This would be a good question to bring up with your doctor prior to the laproscopy. I did notice that you said the laproscopy is for endo and you are considering keeping the ovaries.

Please make sure you do some research on the subject of endo and a hysterectomy. Unfortunately a hysterectomy is not always a cure for endo especially when the ovaries remain.
Endo feeds on estrogen and unless every microscopic piece is removed during surgery, then your ovaries producing estrogen can cause it to continue growing.

There are alot more precautions that need to be taken when you are dealing with a hysterectomy for endo. That is why I think it is best to do alot of reading and research and make sure you have a doctor who is knowledgable in treating endo in order to have a successful outcome.

Here are some articles in our resources that you can read about Endometriosis
There are other options out there that may ne very helpful in controlling the endo. I have read that surgical excision of the endo has the best long term effects. There is also hormone therapy where progesterone is used to keep the endo at bay. Here ia an article on that. Progesterone for endo I want to share one last article that may be helpful. Medications to treat endo

It may be helpful to print off some articles and discuss with your doctor. It is always a good idea to get a second opinion to make sure you are completely comfortable with your decision.

Best Wishes

Unread 02-21-2005, 05:06 PM

my doctor and i have been thru every treatment there is. all drug treatments i have violent reactions to.

it's not only endo i'm up agains but adeno also. or Lumpy, as i call it.

in other words, great amount of pain alllll the time

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register