I know it's been talked about .. bleeding afterwards .... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I know it's been talked about .. bleeding afterwards .... I know it's been talked about .. bleeding afterwards ....

Unread 02-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Re: I know it's been talked about .. bleeding afterwards ....

I had the same thing happen to me two days ago. My hyst was vaginal and on Jan. 27th. I have so much mental energy at times that is when I get up and do stuff...but I had bright red blood Tuesday and it freaked me out. The dr. on-call for my surgeon said to lay down. That was it. It did stop, but yesterday I got a low-grade temp and one again today of 99.3. Now I am nervous. Any suggestions for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2011, 06:08 PM

I was told to not worry about the temp until it was 100.4 degrees. I think that you need to continue to rest and monitor your temp. If it goes up to the magic #, call the DR. I had a 99.9 temp and it went away when I rested.
Unread 02-17-2011, 06:14 PM

The reason I have to see the dr. tomorrow now is because I am being treated for an infection from surgery they told me. I am on 1000 Keflex twice a day and I also have Lyme so I am on 100 Doxicycline twice a day as well. Any temp to them is considered a worry I guess? I was told if temp goes to 101 I have to have IV Abx! YIKES!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2011, 06:37 PM

Well you have lots more going on than I did...yikes!
Unread 02-17-2011, 07:18 PM

dragonfly: I would just keep monitoring your temp and if it goes to what they told you, go see the doctor.

You do have lots of stuff going on!

You are lucky your bleeding stopped. Mine has been for 5 days now, I am just dying for the day I go to the bathroom and there is NOTHING there at all ... all day, all night ,,, the next day ....

Hope your temp goes back to normal!
Unread 02-19-2011, 03:58 PM

I had some light bleeding (pink) for about a month after. Then out of the blue at week 6 it was bright red. I had called the doctor and was told it was normal. It happened for a few days that week and then stopped all together. So don't panic, but watch how much blood and if you are soaking a pad don't feel bad about calling the doctor.

Now that it is over, the whole thing has made me a very happy woman.

HappyDayNow
Unread 02-19-2011, 04:56 PM

I hope to be like you ... soon!!
Unread 02-19-2011, 07:05 PM

Thanks so much for all the responses to that question because I also am almost 4 weeks post-op and started bright red bleeding last night then hardly none today until about 6 this evening. Hopefully it is normal.
Unread 02-21-2011, 09:12 AM

I too have had light bleeding since surgery. It is very annoying and I am ready for it to stop. It doesn't matter whether I am lying down or not. I am almost two weeks post op and am ready for it to stop! How much longer do I have to deal with this?
Unread 02-21-2011, 09:18 AM

customer .. I am 4 weeks today, and sooooo sick of it. Just when I think "hey, it's gone, or almost gone" a little more comes ..

I was going to give all my tampons (which I know I can't use now) and pads to a girlfriend. Holding onto the pads for now!!

Did you have TAH?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register