Cyclic spotting 3 yrs post DvTH (one ovary present) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cyclic spotting 3 yrs post DvTH (one ovary present) Cyclic spotting 3 yrs post DvTH (one ovary present)

Unread 03-24-2015, 01:13 AM
Cyclic spotting 3 yrs post DvTH (one ovary present)

Hi Sisters!!
Its coming up on my 3 year hyster-versary & my body continues to misbehave & confuseme & my gyn. II've had problems with chronic pelvic pain since 1997 & endured horrible periods since around my 3rd or 4th one as a teen...heavy bleeding,awful ccramping, vomiting, diarrhea, fainting, & irregular cycles. Endo was diagnosed in 1998 & I went through many laparoscopic surgeries for excision of endo in the years after that. My current gyn told me we were out of other options in 2011 & that it was time to seriously consider a hyster. He told me he couldn't guarantee it would solve all my issues, but it would eliminate the bleeding & cramping for sure. (I would still bleed despite Mirena AND oral contraceptives together. I had some spotting that occurred longer after my DvTH than I thought was normal (from what I learned & saw from sisters here.) My gyn wasn't concerned. That stopped before 9 months post op. (I am single & haven't been dating at all since the surgery, so haven't even had inter course.). In Dec I noticed dark brown blood as I wiped...it was just like a period just starting or ending. I kinda freaked. I called my gyn, but wasn't able to be seen until 5 days after. It got to the point that day that I did have to wear a panty liner, but what showed on it was minimal. When I saw my doc he couldn't see where any bleeding could have come from so he said he thought it was rectal (I KNOW it wasn't.). Well, it happened again in Jan...called him & he didn't get back to me for over a month!!! So, of course it happened again in Feb. I got to talk with him yesterday finally. Now since its been 3 times, pretty much the last Sat of the months, he feels it IS vaginal.
He said he thinks there could be endo in the cuff, & is hoping I can get in the office when it happens next time. Told me my options were to have a scope to look around, clean up endo in the pelvic cavity & what is likely in the cuff. Or do the surgery and take the 1 ovary as well. I'm 'only' 40, so I was really wanting to leave the ovary. This all just blows my mind! I had asked him before the surgery if there was a chance of endo forming if he removed my uterus vaginally vs abdominally & he said 'there really (wasn't)'... I'm guessing that's what happened in my case though. I did have adenomiosis diagnosed post op, &he ffound a couple small fibroids as well.
Right now I'm tempted to ask abt trying oral contraceptives again, but also think that's crazy because I dont have most of those parts!!!
Anyone else have anything like this go on? What did you do?
Thank you for reading...sorry it is so long!
Hugs to you all!!!
---Danis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2015, 11:11 AM
Re: Cyclic spotting 3 yrs post DvTH (one ovary present)

I have no endometriosis experience but wanted to offer some support. That sounds very frustrating after having had surgery in hopes of correcting issues. At some point you may want to consider another opinion. Keep checking with your GYN, I hope you are able to get some answers soon. Please keep us updated, we are here for support.
Unread 07-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Re: Cyclic spotting 3 yrs post DvTH (one ovary present)

I had hysterectomy in 2009, have had on and off cyclic bleeding and pain since, no answers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register