Monday Morning Nov 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Monday Morning Nov 21 Monday Morning Nov 21

Unread 11-21-2005, 05:56 AM
Monday Morning Nov 21

Catchy title, eh?
So far so good today, only had my weak tea and am working on my Citrucel "shake". Lunch is another party so my big goal will be to be selective and NOT try everything. Maybe I can keep the total serving(s) on my plate small. Well, small-ER, if not actually small!

Still running off adrenaline from the weekend, I think. And I still didn't elliptical at all. Sigh. Sleep or elliptical, I just don't know. The new medication keeps me from being so tired all the time, and if I don't get to bed early enough then I simply won't sleep. I do think is important and I don't want to give that up!!

I hope everyone has a happy Monday -
Desk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2005, 07:05 AM
Monday Morning Nov 21

Morning Desk and all who Follow

Today is cloudy and cool. That tropical storm Gemma is supposed to come up the coast and then give us a large Nor'easter they say. Just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. I hope they are wrong and it comes earlier and gets it over with.

Got a lot to do today. Yesterday was a very busy day also. Got a lot of yard work done w/DH & DD's help. It will still need raking one more time before the Xmas walk, but that's normal. The leaves never seem to fall at once. Maybe the storm will blow them all away? I can always hope!

Bkft: 1 egg, 2 slices scrapple, 1 pc toast w/marj. Tea
Lunch: TBA - probably tuna salad
Dinner: Think I'll do a roast beef in the crock pot.

Stomach didn't settle down till dinnertime yesterday. I don't have days like that much any more, thank goodness. Went to a pancake bkft yesterday and was very very careful how I ate. It sat heavy but OK.

OK - I'm off to start the list of items I've got to get done. Take care and I'll hopefully stop in later. With DH home on Sun/Mon now - it makes my schedule crazy!!

Hugs to all -
Melissa
Unread 11-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Monday Morning Nov 21

OK, before I leave - I just got cought up with yesterdays posts. So come comments from the peanut gallery.

Sue - on getting down to 170!! Good for you!! I need to start chasing you down the scales.

Em- Good for you! See? It's working. If we try hard enough, it eventually becomes habit (or is supposed to, lol).

Peggysue - my house is an 1851 NeoClassic Greek Revival, lol, with that said - it's a LOT of work decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving every year to be ready for this tour. The good thing is that I get to enjoy the decorations for about 5 weeks as I don't take the down until the 1st week in January.

Dany - isn't it great that a walk can help you, DH, and pup so much! I miss my walks. Can't walk my 2 brats as they don't walk well on leashes - always tangled or want to be carried. BRATS!!!!

Desk - ooohhhh sweetie. You sure do have tons on your plate. Remember, you can't be all things to all people. How about telling Auntie the truth - your just over stretched with parents and all. Let her ask her friend. In fact, how about suggesting that she fly in and pay a service to drive her car to the east coast. Many many people do that and insurance companies can recommend someone. Is she that infermed that she can't make some of these arrangements herself? If so, where are her children - make them do some of it. Maybe I missed that part? I'm just worried about you over extending yourself. As for postponing your surgery? Remember, you can't be lifting, bending, pulling, moving, etc...with what you have now - at least you should not - it will make it worse. Hope the doctor explained that.
Have family hire someone -

OK - i've thrown in my two cents - for what it's worth, lol. Just ignore me if you want!! DH does.

I love you guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-21-2005, 07:39 AM
Monday Morning Nov 21

Howdy Desk, Melissa and all who come after me! Whereas I was a good girl on Saturday, I messed up on Sunday. Gave in to real ice cream, something I haven't had since the summer. Oh well, a treat every now and then is a good thing provided the every now and then isn't evey day. No formal exercise today as I have lots to do. We are going to my DD's for Thanksgiving so I have lots to do before we go away. I also have a big Booster Club meeting tonight that I cannot miss. My meals are planned out and I have been drinking my water. This week will probably be a bust OPwise because of the holiday but there is always next week. Later gators.........

Emily s
Unread 11-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Monday Morning Nov 21

Hi Desk, Melissa, Emily and All who follow,
Whe're having a steady down pour and looks like it will last the day; probably due to the tropical storm. So I have no excuse to not clean a little and also start decluttering and then perhaps a reward with some time in a good book with a cup of tea. I was lazy and did practically nothing yesterday; did not even get out to get those decorations for the wreath.
Desk, no you cannot give up sleep and perhaps you might try using some mild/non-addictive sleeping aids. IMHO Melissa gave some darn good advice re not putting everything on yourself; it can only run you down you need to think of yourself and your health too honey. Pls let others know you could use their help.
Melissa, good luck with the work you want to accomplish today. I have DH at foot every mornings and by the time he leaves the house mid-afternoon I'm tired. I'll bet your old, historic house looks beautiful with all the Christmas decorations. How very nice that you're willing to do all that work so others can enjoy it too.
Emily, I agree this week, at least the latter part, will be an OP bust for most of us but as you say there always is the next week. Hey, we can't be "good" all the time.
Well I better try to do some cleaning at least in parts of the house where noise won't disrupt DH's lopsided (to me) sleep schedule .
B-not OP, had too much "high carb" french bread reheated in oven and coffee w/cream
L-salad and soup
D-probably fish, veggies
S-low fat popcorn, fruit
Wishing all a good day.
Unread 11-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Monday Morning Nov 21

Hi gang!

I'm sorry I didn't get to post, but I worked saturday, and I've had too many kids, not enough computers! I've had my DsD since weds, her mum's been away and it's amazing how much work just one more child can produce! She has learning difficulties, so you're kind of more tied to the house, so no excuse really!

I think I lost 1lb this week, I took a peek on MILs scales, and they seem to be on a downward trend ( )
I've been rethinking my meals, and buying seperate food for myself, rather than eating everything the BRATS!!!!! eat........Bet you can't guess who played me up in the shops this afternoon??????

Exercise hasn't been brilliant, but I did notice that with the extra weight I put on, I've been struggling to move about, so this weekend on, I've found moving around a little easier, which gives me the idea that I'm losing a little bit!

I had a chicken and veg cuppa soup for breakfast, I slept late this morning, and bought on my way to work, I was early for work, so I had one of those. For lunch, I had a ham and cheese sandwich, and for dinner I have chicken, gravy and roastie potatoes with carrots.

I will check back in later, and see who I've missed, I need to read back over the weekend's posts!
The scarf is doing great!

Have a great day, folks!
Unread 11-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Monday Morning Nov 21

Good afternoon all,

I'm home today and debating whether to take the rest of the week off. I have built up so much comp time but I always feel guilty about taking time off.

Fran do you have a new car yet?
Margo I live in Greene County.

Food today has consisted of a bowl of cereal. I seem to be back on a cornflakes kick.

I'm in the process of cleaning out DD's old room. Better get back at it.

Llyn
Unread 11-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Monday Morning Nov 21

Thanks to everyone for your sage advice. I know I tend to take on too much, and I am trying to be mindful of that. My parents come first, but my aunt has no one else, no DH or kids, ever. She is desperate to be near her brother, my father, for his last years. She has considered shipping her car, and she lives in an area where I'm sure she could find some college students to drive it. Asking the insurance company is a great idea. She does not want to overtax me, and she is anxious to help once she gets here. Truth is, when I have my surgery I would rather have NO ONE in the house but DH LT and the animals. I know I would get no sleep if the family were hanging out here. So when they are safely ensconced in their own little homes and have all the contacts they need to begin their new lives here, then I can relax. But I'm connecting them with necessary names, primarily. My aunt will make her calls, but I'd like to get my mother set up. And while I'm recuperating I know I can make phone calls, but I still would rather be home without anyone trying to help. My needs are few - bathroom and bed, and a warm dog to snuggle with and I do NOT want people making food for me. When left to my own devices I eat better and I eat less than when I eat stuff people bring me. I say that now because I am so FUUULLL after our office luncheon. 'Nuff said, eh?
And I was thinking I will need to get some low dose sleep aids or something stronger for when things really get hopping here. I'm not one to take tranquilizers but under certain circumstances I like to have a half or a quarter of one available.

Things are hopping at work, too, after a slow spell, so I must run.
Thank you thank you thank you for being here for me and for being so supportive and wise!
Hugs to each and every one of you, my BEST friends!
Desk
Unread 11-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Monday Morning Nov 21

Anytime Desk - anytime! Remember, when the time comes for your surgery you say to the loved ones "I love each of you and I know you want to help, but...." Ahhhhh families - gotta love um, right? It's like a law or something? I know we can't strangle um, you gals told me that, lol.

OK - off to put the bed up on those "risers". I need the bed up off the floor to have more storage. I don't really want it, but with the large walking in closet now filled with DD's stuff, I had to move some of my stuff and looking for another place to keep it (till she moves out again).

Thinking of this reminded me of a conversation we had in chat about a yr ago here on BEST? What's under your bed? I answered: jewlery, guns, and magazines. The chat room got real quiet, lol. Then everyone started asking me things, lol. Well DH has moved his guns into a new gun safe I got him last Xmas. The magazines are thrown out. And some of the jewlery is still there.

OK - off I go.....
Melissa

P.S. Lunch was a mug of Progresso's Chicken Noodle soup w/a slice of pumpkin custard pie DH just brought home. Just what I need - pie. Might as well spread it right on to my hips and save the work of chewing it. LOL.
Unread 11-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Monday Morning Nov 21

Good evening, BEST s almost didn't make it today!!!

I weighed in today and, as expected, I registered a loss: over 2 lbs (can't tell exactly, as the scale at Curves weighs a little more than the scale at my weight-loss group... I didn't have time for the weight-loss group tonight but promise to make it next week <insert "fingers crossed" smiley here>)

Today was another great day: Food was very OP (except for the 1/2 slice of pizza I just had) and I started the day by going to Curves. I must admit that I miss my bike rides, though. I know I had to stop when it started getting darker, especially since one of my co-workers didn't and ended up having elbow reconstruction surgery on November 1st!!!!

(((Melissa))) What a relief that the guns are now stored safely!!! Hope you enjoyed the pie!!!

((((Desk)))) I guess, like all women, you need to learn to put yourself first. I think that you're moving, slowly, in the right direction. Hopefully your family will understand.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register